Subscribe to my blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Growing enameled trees in my studio

Blue tree bowl, vitreous enamel on copper ©2011 Nayna Shriyan
Continuing on my recycling spree, I shaped these two large (compared to the earlier bowls) bowls and decided to go completely abstract with them. I twisted the wire and was trying to get a dark base below the horizontal wire and a lighter colour above. Well that is what I was thinking but enamel colours do have a mind of their own !! When the bowls came out of the furnace, not only had the colours slumped down around the edges of the wire but also around the twisted wire, looking exactly like trees!! I decided to go with the flow and added a few more sprinkles and voila! two trees were looking up at me :)
Green tree bowl, vitreous enamel on copper                      ©2011 Nayna Shriyan

4 comments:

Hi
would love to hear your opinions, do leave a comment ( or two if you wish !! ) :)