Subscribe to my blog

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Rajasthani man in traditional turban painting

Rajasthani man in traditional turban , Oil on canvas, 14 x 16"©2011 Nayna Shriyan
Here he finally is!! My Rajasthani man is done in all his glory, complete with salt and pepper mustache, traditional turban and a white shirt( typically the colour worn by the men folk of Rajasthan). I must apologize for taking such a long time, but this is my first attempt at a portrait and I must admit, the many wrinkles and getting the myriad shades of this man's face was quite a challenge. I had posted his original photograph in the previous post, I would love to hear whether I did manage to do this regal old gentleman justice in the painting ! :)

I admit I have changed the design on his turban to something that was easier to manage for me , but it is still in keeping with the something that is very much worn my the men in the state.While the turban took the least amount of time to actually paint, pondering over the right design did take up a day ! But then how would my Rajasthani have been complete without his beautiful turban !!

3 comments:

  1. from one artist to another...this Rajasthani painting is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post.

    Also visit my page ... www.ettlingen-oberweier.de

    ReplyDelete

Hi
would love to hear your opinions, do leave a comment ( or two if you wish !! ) :)