Subscribe to my blog

Friday, September 24, 2010

"15.5  x 10 " inches Oil on Canvas
© 2010 Nayna Shriyan

 This painting is in continuation with my gulmohar theme (The art of the gulmohar) With my copper enameled bowl, I stayed close to the actual flower, because it is just so pretty as it is, but with this I simply had to devote one painting to a single petal. I have always been fond of the petals of the gulmohar flowers.Not only are they shaped in the most amazing manner, what completely fascinates me is that any other flower petals that get separated actually look a bit lost without the others, but these beautiful things !
A single petal seems just as complete and as beautiful as the whole flower, many a times after a strong shower I have seen these torn petals carpet the dark roads and look absolutely radiant. It is this effect that I have tried to imitate here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi
would love to hear your opinions, do leave a comment ( or two if you wish !! ) :)