Subscribe to my blog

Sunday, September 19, 2010

© 2010 Nayna Shriyan Oil on canvas with palette knives, 20' x 15.5'
I had been dying to try out palette knife painting since the longest of times ! Call me chicken but I was too scared to actually try it out. Then I saw a set of plastic palette knives at my favourite art supply store, and that did it. I simply had to buy a set, and ofcourse once I got the set in hand, I set about trying to create my very first pallete knife painting. 

This photograph of a view of the konkan region in Maharashtra during the monsoons with the most brightest and brilliant hues of colours imaginable seemed to be the perfect candidate.

    I am proud to say that apart from a fork all of the work done is entirely with the knife with no dependence ( sooo tempting when stuck !!! :D ) upon a brush !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi
would love to hear your opinions, do leave a comment ( or two if you wish !! ) :)