Subscribe to my blog

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Functional design.

       Should art or rather design should it be purely a visual treat or can it functional. I think good design is so much more interesting when its functional don't you? To be able to actually use that lovely design that  you simply fell in love with, to me that's a perfect combination. 

While I love creating paintings  and enameled panels it gives me a lot of joy when someone picks up my enameled bowl and wonders if they can use it as an ash tray or perhaps could they store their  nick-knacks.  You have seen some of the bowls I create and there are a lot more on the way, but here are a few other pieces that I create, some are hand painted like this coaster set

Coaster set with yellow fleur
Set of four coasters









Chili key holder in brass and wood.



Some have metal accents on them like this chili design key holder ! isn't it cute just perfect for holding one set of keys if  you are like me and like to have all the possible keys in one single key chain :)

2 comments:

  1. Simple ideas for a beautiful creation. Excellent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you , I will be sharing more of my work soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi
would love to hear your opinions, do leave a comment ( or two if you wish !! ) :)