Subscribe to my blog

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

To set or not to set!

Recently I was looking at all of my enameled panels with a view to checking up on them and cleaning & I found a stack of 10 enameled rounds, that I had worked on more than a year back. Looking at these pieces again, I realized that back then I would have framed them as probably a wall piece on a simple wooden frame. But now with all my jewellery making skills, I am wondering whether I could simply 'set' these as I would set any enameled 'jewel'. Or would it be more interesting to embed them in an oil painting? Or perhaps use them as part of a sculptural piece? Well I guess my thoughts are scattered right now but if anything strikes you do drop a line !


6 comments:

  1. Hi Nayna,

    If they are big enough in size then you soon profile them as table coasters (set of 6 /4). Or may be create a fancy belt with slight molding...

    Hope this helps.

    Payal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Payal, yes both are great ideas and infact these were originally meant to be coasters for a client but as that project didn't work out (enameling does not stand upto rough use :( I thought of using them for a panel. I could try the belt idea though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they'd be interesting hung in a vertical row, too, Nayna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Julia that would be interesting, I am hoping to find a good framing option though, metal or wood or perhaps cloth not sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your idea to embed them in an oil painting. They would also look beautiful as jewellery...Wearable art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Suzanne for endorsing my idea, thought it was too crazy but guess since there are ten of them I could try out a few different ideas, including embedding them in an oil painting :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi
would love to hear your opinions, do leave a comment ( or two if you wish !! ) :)