Subscribe to my blog

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Foils on oils


         In my last post for the year 2011 I had written about starting something interesting which combined both of my  passions, oil on canvas and metal work, well I have been thinking about the same for a long time now and have come up with something like this: I intend to paint with brushes as well as palette knives creating abstract paintings in oil on canvas and then incorporate copper pieces in the form of foils and sheets which will be worked upon individually and then treated to different patina processes. 
               While I am still not entirely sure, as to how I intend to attach the copper pieces to the canvas, I am hoping to incorporate fine copper wire and actually stitch the copper pieces onto the canvas! Well my experiments will be here for all to see in a few days, but for now, here are the two oil on canvas experiments to begin with .
Here's what they look like right now ! 
P.S. By the time I had the pics clicked for this post I had attached two foil pieces with blue patina on them.Do drop a line and let me know if they are even visible to you! :D
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. No, not visible to me from the photos posted. I'm all for combining passions...Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you a Happy New Year too Suzanne :) guess I was a little chicken about using more foil pieces, will be adding more though and thanks for the encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi
would love to hear your opinions, do leave a comment ( or two if you wish !! ) :)