Subscribe to my blog

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Studi(o)topia ! - A sneak peak into my world

I have a very happy announcement to make, one that I have been waiting to yell out from the roof tops !! I finally, have my very own studio !! Well to be honest not my first space, but this one has everything that I could have wished for in a studio space. It is only five minutes walking distance from my home, also it is large enough to afford me the luxury of having all of my tools and equipment, colours and machines within easy reach. It also allows me to leave out all of materials till I have finished a current project as opposed to packing things up immediately.
What is even more  exciting is that this space has room for my dear furnace as well ! Cant wait to start enameling ! My studio also comes as a happy new space for my students to go completely crazy with their creativity! They have been joining me in putting up a board outside announcing the studio's name.(We are still working on it)
One more exciting feature this place offers is that there is plenty of space for me to hold workshops and my regular art classes.

But I believe the best feature is what all you artists out there would appreciate, the ability to show your work to the world once you are good and ready with it , and not have people visiting your home ask questions about a particular piece that is not quite at a stage where you want to show it off. So what do you think is the best part of having a studio, the privacy, the peace or the space?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi
would love to hear your opinions, do leave a comment ( or two if you wish !! ) :)