Subscribe to my blog

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I was looking for inspiration for a new series, when I saw some apples in wrapped in clear plastic, sort of got me thinking what if we too could be laminated! Not literally of course, but perhaps our thoughts, our ideas, visions.
Being a visual artist I guess I often see things in my mind like a film reel, unfortunately a very fast film reel, so many ideas zooming through like a highway.
It always makes me wonder, how to catch one of these ideas efficiently enough so that I could develop it further, don't get me wrong, I catch enough of them to do my work!
But it seems a lot of good ideas seem to shine like a flash and before you know it you are distracted by something else and the idea is gone. Often I am thinking about a painting idea or maybe a trying out a new technique or style of using my colors, some one talks or the phone rings and poof! its gone!
After getting distracted a few times like this I realized that I was going about it the wrong way, the only way to laminate ideas like these was to either write it down or sketch it out quickly.
Once I started sketching out this very idea I realized there was a lot to be said here but I am going to let my sketches and the final work do the talking here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi
would love to hear your opinions, do leave a comment ( or two if you wish !! ) :)