Subscribe to my blog

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Going back to my oils and canvas.

As I sat in front of my canvas, I realised how much I had missed holding a brush in my hands having turned to enamelling and other pursuits.

I had this canvas all sketched out kept in a corner of my home where I also conduct classes. A student of mine saw this canvas and asked me as to how come, it had been lying there unpainted for such a long time. I said that I had forgotten all about, the one sentence that she said made me really think, all she said was, 'how could you forget it's right here in front of you'.
This really made me realize, how much I had been avoiding doing something I truly loved, making up excuses like I am too busy with real work, with freelance jobs, with orders and so on...
Now as I have taken up oils once more, I feel the calm and peace that I had always felt when I painted,and also realized how out of touch I was and needed to practice more, well guess I am going to have loads of fun doing that !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi
would love to hear your opinions, do leave a comment ( or two if you wish !! ) :)