Subscribe to my blog

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Seeing Double !

This seems to be a month for commissions first the 'Shivaji' piece and now a double portrait commission My first ever !! :)  While most artists must have some method of conducting studies I went with my  usual style of jumping right in ! The client had given me free reign with regards to size, medium and just about everything so that made my life much easier ,and here are my progress photos of the painting.
A very first coat just blocking in the major areas( P.S. my family thought it looked eerie! :P)

Both the subjects with the second layer

Almost done with my favorite being the blue silk tie !
I concentrated on just one person at a time, having finished the groom, my sole attention was on the bride. Her face proved to be the most challenging I wanted to get not just her face but also her glowing skin tone and blush correctly
The bride's Sari and jewelry was the most fun I must say and the one element that got done in literally one stroke was the groom's tie! 

2 comments:

Hi
would love to hear your opinions, do leave a comment ( or two if you wish !! ) :)