Subscribe to my blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Four tips to give your creative cogs a refreshing break.

            Recently I have been in what can only be described as a 'Creative Rut' now I did not come up with the term on my own but thought it fit aptly! Saw this term on a blog post by Lori McNee on her blog Fine Art Tips. I did find all her ideas to be very helpful but then I realized that I needed to find something that worked for me, and this is what I came up with:-

  • A day off from the studio - instead spend a day at an art library.( a great way to get those cranial cogs working)
  • Catch up on updating, blogs, websites, FB fan pages and send emails ( I know I know, supposed to be a break, but remember there is nothing related to art making involved :D )
  • Take up one hobby that has nothing to do with art ( ok all those guilty of experimenting with different media and calling it a hobby raise hands here !! ) P.S. I have decided to set up my own terrarium and vertical gardening as mine :)
  • Take up a fitness regimen ( fit body, fit mind and all that ! )

So these are my tips that I intend to stick to this week how about you guys, any body face the same problems?Any tips that you would like to share? You know the drill, just drop a line :)

2 comments:

  1. I know I have to do the fitness program but for now I use a punch bag set up just outside my laundry (workshop) if I'm feeling like I need to shake the cobwebs from my brain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great idea Suzanne, I should think about doing it, though not sure my landlord would approve :), currently am into skipping !

    ReplyDelete

Hi
would love to hear your opinions, do leave a comment ( or two if you wish !! ) :)