Subscribe to my blog

Friday, April 15, 2011

A bottle with a view series -2

Glass bottle series, '16 x14' inches Oil on canvas© 2011 Nayna Shriyan

            My second painting in this series features two new entrants!! Two very vibrant coloured bottles. The warm reds and oranges reflected by these two simply captivated me. As I proceeded into the painting I soon realized that not only were there reds, oranges , yellows and browns but also blue at a point of time in the amber bottles! The one thing I have begun to notice is that still life objects need just as much a minute treatment as any portrait subject would!
So here is a question for all you folks out there that work in oils, does the work look completely flat as you are working it ( you know your face about 3 inches from the canvas and your field of vision only about 5 square inches :D )  and then when you step back to inspect your work you actually realize that the object of your focus is actually beginning to get depth and perspective?? I know I do, so what about it folks??

3 comments:

  1. This is very beautifully done. I love the way you have painted the reflections. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love the way you painted the shadows and reflections. This is a very beautiful and realistic work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Narayan & Shelley, it is a series that I am hoping to continue :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi
would love to hear your opinions, do leave a comment ( or two if you wish !! ) :)